Wednesday, April 16, 2008

IPL's media rules

A very good article by Sambit...lets hope Cricinfo is not squeezed out by other cricketing bodies, its my favourite website and I hope it continues to improve its services and stay committed to cricket. I remember when I was in Singapore in 1997/1998, I absolutely struggled to find cricket news on the web until I ran into Cricinfo, then www.cricket.org! Since then, I have seen the website expand its range of coverage, expand its staff significantly and in general, provide a variety of cricket-related articles.

The column by S.Rajesh, 'The Lists', editorials by Sambit, Dileep etc were always interesting and sometimes thought-provoking!

Shame on you Lalit Modi! Long Live Cricinfo!

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/current/story/346487.html

3 comments:

Sharath said...

Success of the IPL is largely dependent on the way it is being marketed. Lalit Modi in his infinite wisdom is ensuring that it’s not being marketed in the right way. The money that BCCI will earn thru sharing on the photographs would be peanuts in the overall scheme of things.

Cheers
S

Niranjan Srinivas said...

Modi sucks. Cricinfo rocks.

Pramod said...

In the end its all about Vitamin M, and thats what Modi is worrying about.

Cricinfo definitely is the best cricket portal available.